Using Texybox and combobox in MSFlexgrid

rajat
01-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Can somebody please help me in using textboxes and comboboxes in a MSFlexGrid.What i need to do is to display a flexgrid with 4 columns--Start Date,End date,Time Type and Formula.I have to take input from user in this flexgrid in the form of textboxes(start time and end time) and comboxes(Time Type and Formula).Time Type combo has to be hardcoded with 4 values and Formula box will take value from a database table.I also need to check that the 4 fields are filled in before going to next row.

Please help me out.
Thanks

Shurik12
01-25-2005, 01:21 AM
http://www.visualbasicforum.com/showthread.php?t=35110

rajat
01-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks
But how can i place textboxes and combobox simultaneously.
And Please help in row validation also(checking whether all fields in a row are filled up before going to next one)

Chris J Locke
01-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Do you *have* to show them in the grid? It would appear asthetically nicer if to enter data, there was a specific data entry form - like a properties form. It would be easier for the user to cancel then, otherwise halfway though entering data, how would they cancel to abort input?

rajat
01-31-2005, 03:46 AM
Yes i have to show them in the grid.And i have to use flexGrid as i want to enter multiple rows in flexgrid for certain same data entered outside of flexgrid.

Flyguy
01-31-2005, 08:47 AM
Can you explain WHY you need to show multiple textboxes/comboboxes at the same time?
If I am correct then only one item can have the focus, so having multiple input fields enabled at the same time does not sound logical.

rajat
02-01-2005, 10:43 PM
no i donn't want to enable multiple textboxes/comboboxes at the same time.But depending on column selected in flexgrid,either a textboxe or a comboboxe is to be enabled.At a time only one item will have focus.Read my first Post for details.
Thanks for reply

Flyguy
02-03-2005, 02:40 AM
I've read your original question and probably I don't understand what you want.
In the .. thread are samples for using textboxes and comboboxes for user input.
It's up to you which routine to use for what column.

rajat
02-03-2005, 04:45 AM
Yes thanks to that i have completed most of the thing i wanted.Some minor adjustments have to be made to complete it.
Thanks for that superb code.

rajat
02-15-2005, 05:26 AM
Here i am enclosing a sample project showing how to use a combobox in a flexgrid. :cool:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum