User control version number

theboy_20001
01-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi i have an app that i have made that uses user controls that i have made, I am looking for a way to keep track of the versions of each ocx control. How do i get the version nuber of the ocx control? Thanks

doinVBstuff
01-27-2005, 05:59 PM
I would think that, when compiled, an OCX would contain a Major and Minor version, similar to any programs we create... But I dunno. Maybe it's possible to define it within the usercontrol itself? Say, create a label that's hidden and place the info in that.

theboy_20001
02-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I would think that, when compiled, an OCX would contain a Major and Minor version, similar to any programs we create... But I dunno. Maybe it's possible to define it within the usercontrol itself? Say, create a label that's hidden and place the info in that.

Thank you i am actually writing the major and minor to the registry right now and reading from there. I just wanted to know if there was a more direct approach like a program app.minor .....

Thank you

OnErr0r
02-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Create properties for your Usercontrol which return integers for Major and Minor which come from App.Major/Minor within the usercontrol.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum