Background Transparency in VB Controls

viper2843
02-14-2005, 03:46 PM
I am trying to make a form in VB6 using the common controls 5.0 in order to get the XP look and feel. I want to use a tabstrip control and place many different controls in the tabs, i.e. option buttons, check boxes, and picture boxes. The problem is that I can't set the background color of those controls to transparent so the colors are off from the background of the XP styled tab strip control (see attached picture). I thought that I could just set the background color of the different controls to the background of the tab strip but I soon found out that the tab strip in XP styling is not the same color throughout. I am a perfectionist so that won't do for me. I was wondering if there is any way to set the background of the various controls in VB 6 to transparent. Thanks.

Thief_
02-14-2005, 04:15 PM
....The problem is that I can't set the background color of those controls to transparent so the colors are off from the background of the XP styled tab strip control....

Have you looked for the BackStyle property of the controls?

viper2843
02-14-2005, 04:34 PM
The PictureBox, OptionButton, CheckBox, and Frame don't have BackStyle properties. That is part of the problem. They have BackColor properties but as I said in my initial post, the XP themed tab strip backgroun color is not the same all the way through.

Thief_
02-14-2005, 07:03 PM
The only thing I can think of is to embed the controls into a frame on the tabstrip. I know that's not going to pls you......

daking100
02-15-2005, 01:10 AM
im having exactly the same trouble, even when trying to create your own controls you cannot set the backstyle to transparent

daking100
02-15-2005, 05:14 AM
go to the examples section at:

http://www.elitevb.com/content/01,0010,01

looks very impressive

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum