Bitblt and learning it..

trevland06
03-15-2002, 02:09 PM
This is a question and a mini flame.....
my question. How can i make a game without it or direct X and have it run good... I try to learn Bitblt.. or any programmming for this mater. but. when i search google and stuff. All the people know it and use all Big words that i dont understand... To me it sounds like some nerd kid who always bugs me in school. he uses big words and i cant understand him at all... I want to make a game... I want to make it and learn from it. This is mainly directed at vbexplorer. I dont understand anything from it.... I've read it like 5 times and i cant pick it up. To me its a bunch of nerds trying to make it sound easy even if its hard.. i cant pick it up at all. How can i elarn to do this? i already made my pictures and the first forum. and i understand my timer thing now.. whjat should i do?!

Aviator
03-15-2002, 03:33 PM
Try this Link (http://www.allapi.net/apilist/apifunction.php?apifunction=BitBlt) . It's from AllApi.net, meanwhile I'll try to find a better tutorial on BitBlt, good luck.

ChiefRedBull
03-16-2002, 02:29 AM
BitBlt isn't really that hard. The concept of how windows draws things is slightly harder.

Basically, each window or object has a "device context" (DC). This is where any graphic representation of the object is stored.
You can make copies of these DCs onto other DCs and do whatever you want with them.

BitBlt stands for Bit Block Transfer, and simply copies one DC onto another, making an exact replica of whatever graphic was stored in it.

hth

PS To me its a bunch of nerds trying to make it sound easy even if its hard.. Sounds like a a good thing to do :D

Kitaiko
03-16-2002, 02:56 AM
Yeah, those "nerds" were good enough to take the time ot make a tutorial for your benifit, so be nice.

Aviator
03-16-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ChiefRedBull
BitBlt isn't really that hard. The concept of how windows draws things is slightly harder.

Basically, each window or object has a "device context" (DC). This is where any graphic representation of the object is stored.
You can make copies of these DCs onto other DCs and do whatever you want with them.

BitBlt stands for Bit Block Transfer, and simply copies one DC onto another, making an exact replica of whatever graphic was stored in it.

hth

PS Sounds like a a good thing to do :D

And if you still don't get it after this nerd's explanation:D , the main thing about BitBlt is this: It copies a picture of something from one place to another.

ie, from the form into a picturebox control.

Squirm
03-16-2002, 11:12 AM
..... or part of a picture...... :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum