Tetris Clone--Take a Look

Teric
03-15-2002, 04:55 PM
This is a Tetris clone that I whipped together really quick yesterday and today. It works pretty well, but I can't get the text on the game screen to quit flickering.

Any suggestions?

Kitaiko
03-15-2002, 07:42 PM
who cares about the text, thats a great game!

Pookie
03-15-2002, 10:21 PM
You could try putting a picture box there and draw the graphics in there instead of straight onto the form. I think the form keep refreshing itself so updates all the controls, you also have a form.cls in there too, though that doesn't seem to affect the flickering. :)

This is the 2nd time I tried a game of yours Teric and the mouse freezes up, making it hard to close the program via the mouse. :(

The other game was that rpg, it only froze on the character creation from but not the rpg itself though. :-\

Teric
03-15-2002, 10:32 PM
That's odd, Pookie... I've never had my mouse freeze up. However, here on my home machine, the response on mouse actions was somewhat sluggish until I took out that form.cls command. Now the mouse responds normally, but the text still flickers on the screen. Hm... maybe I'll put it in a picture box, but that will have to wait until I get back to work on Monday.

Pookie
03-15-2002, 11:43 PM
The only other thing I could suggest is that you change your timing routine because at the moment, you are in a continueous loop which means it's checking the timer like 100,000 times a second for an update.

I know some people don't like the VB timer but using it instead would free up the events and allow the rest of the computer system to work with minimum load on it.

At the moment, My cpu is running that program at 100% load, which is not neccessary. :eek:

KiS
03-16-2002, 05:11 AM
Great game!!

wild wolf
03-16-2002, 11:36 AM
nice game, but there was this sluggish move on the mouse

Girlcake
03-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Very Nice Job, with a little bit of tweaking, It'll be great, & I should know, I have a verified World Record in Tetris...no joke.

my biggest concern, other than the general slowness, which isn't such a big deal, is the fact that I had some trouble rotating the pieces while they are up against the sides.

either way, i think it rocks!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum