Changing Screen Resolution

Kamochan
03-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Is there an easy non-DirectX way to have the program change to a certain screen resolution when the program starts and then revert back when done?

I ask this because I remember a while ago I did download some guys add-in (a custom tool) that was supposed to do this, but it only worked for setting the resolution at the beginning of the program. If I added a call to his tool to the Form.Unload section of my code for some reason it wouldn't execute... I tried many things from putting it into its own module to giving it its own sub routine... in any case, nothing worked.

Can anyone help? (I don't mean to be rude, but I am not looking for suggestions as to how to correct the problems I experienced with the tool I have. I want to know if anyone has there own or proven non-directX way of changing screen resolution.)

Ad1
03-19-2002, 12:28 PM
download the api guide from www.allapi.net (http://www.allapi.net) and have a look at the ChangeDisplaySettings API, it has a fully coded example which definately works

Kamochan
03-19-2002, 04:07 PM
Hey thanks!!!!! It works perfectly (after changing variables, functions, and contants to globals) and is very easy to use.

Thanks again :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum