Pong

trevland06
03-18-2002, 06:13 PM
guess what! Gamerx helped me out with a game and i have started my pong game.. it is working fine except io have a question.. the paddles on the side. i made all seprate sprites so it would look like a dot going up and down.. i made each separeate image then pasted them into one. then i loaded the pasted image in.. should i make a Frame code and just load them separated? also. i made the controls cut im having some AI troubles... I dont know how to make the ball move and bouce off things. i added teh collision detection for the paddles. but i dont know how to make it bounce off at a realistic angle. also.. also. how do i set a gamespeed for it to run at? a timer? and i read the thing on loops and timers.. which is better and recamended? right now i have it set at a loop.. i finally understand Bitblt!!! :D

so.. all i need is help with that and i think it should be finished. except for general debugging.. and adding an options screen. like 1 player and 2 player. then making the AI for the other paddle.. that will coem laater though.. also. ill be posting back at the end for advice on makign a High Scores thing.. i would just have to make it save something with a list wouldnt i?

Aviator
03-18-2002, 08:12 PM
For the AI, I would suggest checking the ball's .Top property and the computer paddles .Top property, and if the ball's top is greater than the paddles, move up, else, move down. There are many better ways, but this is the most basic.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum