Map Editor

GrimViper
03-20-2002, 07:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

I made this Map Editor myself and wanted to share it with you guys. Although it is not complete, I believe it is a lot closer to being finished than some people would get. You have the ability to rotate the tiles you wish to place and changing the tool size. Save, Load, and make new maps. If you want to make a map editor, you should take a look at this code. It's not the best code, but it does the job.

Sorry about there not being any comments. I haven't had the time to add them and usually don't addthem while coding. I'll try soon to add the comments for beginners. Please let me know what you think.

Banjo
03-20-2002, 08:26 AM
A couple of things:

The whole point of comments is that you add them as you go along. Otherwise you could lose the original plot, which is the whole point of using them; to remind you what you were originally doing.
Your avatar and username really are quite mis-matched, aren't they! :)

GrimViper
03-20-2002, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I understand the point of comments. Mainly I only use them when I'm fixing to stop programming. I'll enter in a comment letting me know what I was doing before I stopped. Then, when I open the project again, I read the comments and continue. It has always worked for me, and have rarely lost track. Although, this is the way I've done it, I will most likely be changing my strategy.

About the avatar, The nick was given to me by my friends and has stuck ever since. The avatar, I chose as I have always loved Eeyore!

trevland06
03-20-2002, 09:19 AM
Great Map Maker! Also. How do you make good tiles? i see people making awsome tiles and i wonder how. Everybody says PSP (paint Shop Pro). I can barely use it! i get better pictures out of MS Paint... If you answer is PSP then how did you learn it so good?

GrimViper
03-20-2002, 09:46 AM
I made the tiles in PSP 7.04. I just learned it by trying all the options in the program to find out what they did and then applied the ones I wanted to use to the picture I was creating. The Grassland and the Hills are updated, but I have yet to start recreating the other tiles. My advice is to get aquainted with PSP or look for tutorials using PSP. You might find you can do a lot more with it than Paint. Good luck and thanks for the compliment.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum