send and view picture on remote computer

Fullyloaded
04-03-2005, 03:01 PM
hi

hope you people know what im talking about here lol i want to connect to a friends computer using a simple winsock chat witch i have already made and is working fine,but i want to load a picture of me in my server so that my friend on the client side can see it and the same will go for him,he load a picture of him and i can see it.Is there anyone that can tell me how to do it?or is there any site on how to do this? as simple as it can be done. :)

Thanks...

matx
04-03-2005, 05:04 PM
in theory, i suppose all you need to do, is load the image into the client chat program, which be you adding your picture to the program.

Load the image as data
then send the data to the server

Then the server sends the data of the image to all the clients which would be your friend on the other end

And then load the data into the image box on the program or save it to disk.

sorry dont have code, but thats how i would do it

Fullyloaded
04-03-2005, 05:36 PM
in theory, i suppose all you need to do, is load the image into the client chat program, which be you adding your picture to the program.

Load the image as data
then send the data to the server

Then the server sends the data of the image to all the clients which would be your friend on the other end

And then load the data into the image box on the program or save it to disk.

sorry dont have code, but thats how i would do it

hi
im trying to do it like yahoo's pm box,it has a display image that you can load for others to see im trying to add this to my messenger.
thanks... :D

b0b
04-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Read this tutorial on file transfer:
http://www.winsockvb.com/article.php?article_id=37

You will also need somewhere to cache the images, there no point sending the same picture every time the program is used. You'll have to send the name of the image and then check whether its in the cache, if its not request the image.

Fullyloaded
04-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Read this tutorial on file transfer:
http://www.winsockvb.com/article.php?article_id=37

You will also need somewhere to cache the images, there no point sending the same picture every time the program is used. You'll have to send the name of the image and then check whether its in the cache, if its not request the image.

hey
thanks man that helped me alot i think i can do it with that info you gave me.

Thanks Again...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum