Interview tips

florida
04-11-2005, 01:58 PM
I have a Web Developer Promotion job interview for the County I work for and one of the questions will be how I handle the following situation:

"If working on Two high priority jobs and someone calls and wants a Third high project done right away and it is also high priority, how should the Web Developer handle it?"

I am thinking of answering this by saying I would Prioritize all the requests and delegate as needed or if by myself then analyze each customer need according to importance of the Department or consult with my upper management and advise them of each project.

Please advise.

loquin
04-11-2005, 03:24 PM
I would probably go with the latter. If all the jobs are of a top priority, and you aren't able to bump any of them, this is what management gets paid for - to assist you with prioritization, and to run interferance for you. Think about it. If you are spending a lot of heartbeats and skull sweat dealing with the "clients," that's time that you can't be spending actually getting the tasks completed.

It's managements job to determine which task is of greater stragegic importance to the organization.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum