why does this program keep crashing? its makes vb go crazy

andreww
03-23-2002, 06:36 AM
the attached program keeps making my actual visualbasic program go crazy like black squares apear over the tool bar, and when im running my program i have numbers moving over the me.caption and they dont refresh, the just overlap

it all started when i added create brush,select object etc coomands to my loop

heres the program.....

Pookie
03-23-2002, 07:31 AM
It ran fine on my computer and had no overwriting of any toolbars, or anything else for that matter, the ship goes through the ground, but that is normal as you have programmed it not too.

Me.Caption?

You've got

Me.Caption = Radian

And as Radian is the variable which points to the angle of your ship, it's putting it in the form's caption.
So I don't know what you are asking, but it seems okay with me.

andreww
03-23-2002, 07:52 AM
i forgot to mention you should try and run the program a few times, and click on quit and restart

after i did that i started gettin messy

andreww
03-23-2002, 07:56 AM
hmm ive just tried it then and i cant seem to get the errors back....its just that ive had the error a few times after testing the program etc for a while, it must be my computer

andreww
03-23-2002, 08:00 AM
could it be that i havent been deleting the brushes and regions after i finish with them?

ChiefRedBull
03-23-2002, 08:10 AM
The errors you described sound exactly like your system is running low on resources.

It means that yes, you're not freeing up your brushes and bitmaps after you've finished with them. As serious problem. Use the DeleteObject and DeleteDC APIs.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum