Error: Event may fire when form is initialized

sirmilt
05-23-2005, 07:03 AM
When converting a VB6 project to VB.NET I get the "Upgrade Warning - Event may fire when form is initialized" The instructions for ciorrection call for me to add an "Initializing" property tp the form. Since I am practically brand new to VB.NET this confuses me.

I assume the property will be public and named "IsInitializing" and Boolean data type but am lost after VB insets the "Get".

Can anyone help?

lebb
05-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Can you explain more about what it is you're trying to accomplish, and what event is giving the warning?

In general, the upgrade wizard should only be used for extremely simplistic projects; anything else should be rewritten in .NET rather than converted, since it will take longer to fix the mess that the upgrade wizard creates than it will to just write it from scratch.

sirmilt
05-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Can you explain more about what it is you're trying to accomplish, and what event is giving the warning?

In general, the upgrade wizard should only be used for extremely simplistic projects; anything else should be rewritten in .NET rather than converted, since it will take longer to fix the mess that the upgrade wizard creates than it will to just write it from scratch.

Thanks for the response.

The error relates to a check box which has it's value changed in code by the user.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum