Out of memory while trying to run two VB applications together

rrgw
06-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Hi all,

(1) I try to run two VB6 applications together
in a machine with 256MB of Ram and W98,
and I get an "Out of memory" message.

(2) When I run them in a machine with 512MB
of RAM and W2K, they ran perfectly well together.

How can I get them running on scenario (1).
Is there a way to compile them so that they
fit in it?

One program is 520KB and the other one is 860KB.

Thanks a lot. Kind regards,

rr.

webbone
06-07-2005, 09:41 PM
It is not the size of your applications causing the trouble, but rather how they are using memory, what DLLs they are loading, etc.

What are your two applications doing? Can you at least give a general idea of their function?

Are you creating any large arrays, or loading lots of controls into control arrays at runtime? Are you setting unused objects to Nothing when you are done? Are you querying a database and creating gigantic recordsets?

I think you get the general idea of my questions - we'll need some more details to be able to suggest anything more.

rrgw
06-12-2005, 09:05 PM
It is not the size of your applications causing the trouble, but rather how they are using memory, what DLLs they are loading, etc.

What are your two applications doing? Can you at least give a general idea of their function?

Are you creating any large arrays, or loading lots of controls into control arrays at runtime? Are you setting unused objects to Nothing when you are done? Are you querying a database and creating gigantic recordsets?

I think you get the general idea of my questions - we'll need some more details to be able to suggest anything more.

You are right: I am loading lots of controls into control arrays at runtime.

Thank you for your help. I'm going to fix it.

rr.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum