Menu Editor

Caliboy_2005
08-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi,

I am creating a Menu, using the Menu Editor. I would like to have the menu "FILE" so you can access it using Alt-F. So, on caption, I type "&File", when it's not running, yes........the "F" would be underscored, but when the program is running, it doesn't have the underscore? Any idea guys???

Thanks

JMorgan
08-06-2005, 01:47 PM
It should work, send us your project

Caliboy_2005
08-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Actually, I just tried it. It works, BUT.....I have to press the alt-key, then the menu will be underscored. Any idea why?

TeraBlight
08-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Hmmm, interesting question. Some windows apps behave like that (Explorer, IE), some don't (VB IDE, Office), on my computer. I have no idea how to change this. The MSDN entry for the menu editor (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vb98/html/vbrgnmenueditor.asp) just states:

"To give the user keyboard access to a menu item, insert an ampersand (&) before a letter. At run time, this letter is underlined (the ampersand is not visible), and the user can access the menu or command by pressing ALT and the letter."

kurtman
02-09-2006, 11:48 AM
It happens the same to me. I've created a menu (File, Edit, etc...,) using ampersands as I've learned in MDSN. when I compile the proyect, I cannot see the "_" and I cannot execute the menu options with ALT+F,E or whatever. The only way to execute it by keyboard is using the option "shortcut" un the Menu Editor, the issue here is that it only allow to use the following keys/combinations:

CTRL+A..Z
F1..F12
CTRL+F1..F12
SHIFT+F1..F12
SHIFT+CTRL+F1..F12
CTRL+INS
SHIFT+INS
DEL
SHIFT+DEL
ALT+BKSPC

As you can see, the only ALT+someting option is ALT+BAKSP which is no good for me.

Does anyone have a solution for this??

I'm using VB6.

THX !

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum