Multiple audio outputs

KriC
08-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to output 2 different audio streams to 2 different audio outputs at the same time.

MP3 to main WAVE output (via WMP 10 component)
MIDI to MIDI output (my card has a dedicated MIDI out) via *unknown*

Anyone know the best way to do this? I can run both at the same time but can't specify an output the component should use..

Thanks for any advice.

wakjah
08-08-2005, 09:38 AM
There is an MSDN article on using multiple sound cards here (http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=%2Fsupport%2Fkb%2Farticles%2Fq182%2F7%2F99.asp), but whether or not that can be used to play to multiple outputs on the sound card is not clear. Furthermore, it uses the WAVE functions, which means that it is non-applicable to MIDI. However, it may be possible to use MCI in the same way as demonstrated to play to multiple outputs on one device. Usually, patching is handled internally by the sound card's patch bay and its drivers, and only with high-end sound cards does one get the ability to control this. As well as this, it may be rather difficult to output in both MIDI and WAVE if the original source is WAVE.

KriC
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
OMG.

You're right. I just send the 2 streams to the card and the drivers work out what goes where.. erm, thanks!! (I feel stupid now..)

SngrDude
11-22-2005, 04:02 AM
OK...but lets say i have my

Audigy Sound Card
- and -
my USB telephone

how can i send an alert sound to my audigy, then a recorded sound to the USB telephone

wakjah
11-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Have you read the MSDN article that I posted in this thread a long time ago?

SngrDude
11-22-2005, 12:29 PM
whenever i try to read the program is crashes the prog

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum