runtime error 20534 error detect by database dll

naramir
10-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Please HELP!!!
i get this error in my app on another machine: runtime error 20534
error detected by database dll
i need to get this fixed asap and dont know how....
i dont have the problem on my system.... when i install the app on another machine i get this errror when i try to view a report...
i am using vb6 to create my app and access97 and cr4.6, winxp
i can manipleate the data in my app and ect... but cant view print reports....
waht is causing this error? and how can i fix this....?
thanks

IUnknown
10-05-2005, 04:15 PM
waht is causing this error? and how can i fix this....?
thanksThis seems like a familiar CR error. Since it works OK on your machine, then I suspect missing dlls to be the cause.

Did you create an installation package for your app? Try to see what dependencies are missing from your app by using depends.exe, which can be found here (http://www.dependencywalker.com/).

naramir
10-05-2005, 04:41 PM
This seems like a familiar CR error. Since it works OK on your machine, then I suspect missing dlls to be the cause.

Did you create an installation package for your app? Try to see what dependencies are missing from your app by using depends.exe, which can be found here (http://www.dependencywalker.com/).

i downloaded that depwalker but i cant make heads or tails of waht i need to do.. i opened my exe that i createed in vb and at the botton of it it gave me this :Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
i created an install package for my app....
i have another question... do i need to install the app on every machine>? since it is put on a server (thats where it is installed to , the database exe app mdb) so it adds all the ocx and dlls that that computer needs? most others say yes to do this and some say that i dont need to do this that just map the exe form that computer????
this has been a headache from the start of these *&&^^&(&#@ reports... :)
.... thanks...

randem
10-05-2005, 06:56 PM
If the dependency walker is not understandable to you, try an app the will get all your dependency files for you. Look in my signature for InnoScript, use it on your vbp file and it will find everything you need.

With CR files you can look in the runtime.hlp (i believe that is the name) file of CR to give you all the dll's you may need for CR.

IUnknown
10-06-2005, 08:00 AM
It's a good idea to try to rebuild your setup package using another tool other than the VB6 PDW, try Inno, as randem suggested, which is free.

What was the unresolved module indicated by depends?

Under normal situations, yes, you'd need to install your app on every PC that will be using the app.

this has been a headache from the start of these *&&^^&(&#@ reports...He he, welcome to the world of reporting! :D

naramir
10-06-2005, 10:55 AM
It's a good idea to try to rebuild your setup package using another tool other than the VB6 PDW, try Inno, as randem suggested, which is free.

What was the unresolved module indicated by depends?

Under normal situations, yes, you'd need to install your app on every PC that will be using the app.

He he, welcome to the world of reporting! :D

i dont know what the depapp ment on the error.... i downloaded the inno app and made an install and goin to test it out and i like it beeter and going to use that on my other vb that im goin to make.. ect...
ill play areound with the inno script and the dep app to see if i can figure out waht files i am missing, ect?
thanks for all the help..

naramir
10-06-2005, 01:33 PM
i dont know what the depapp ment on the error.... i downloaded the inno app and made an install and goin to test it out and i like it beeter and going to use that on my other vb that im goin to make.. ect...
ill play areound with the inno script and the dep app to see if i can figure out waht files i am missing, ect?
thanks for all the help..
i installed the app on the other computer and i still get the error dll 20534 and i did a seach on that computer and the file dao350.dll was not found there was dao360.dll... i added this file to the PDW and im lost on this why that file didnt show up there????
how can i register the file manually, if there is a way????
please help.... im tryin to get this fixed ...
'thanks...

IUnknown
10-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Either your vbp is referencing the wrong DAO version or the PDW has picked the latest DAO version on your PC when the Setup was built.

Look at your project references (menu -->Project\References) to see which DAO version is selected. Also try to remove the check mark from the Upgrade ActiveX Controls in the General tab of yourProject Properties.

To manually register an ActiveX dll, use RegSvr32.exe (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regsvr32.mspx).

naramir
10-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Either your vbp is referencing the wrong DAO version or the PDW has picked the latest DAO version on your PC when the Setup was built.

Look at your project references (menu -->Project\References) to see which DAO version is selected. Also try to remove the check mark from the Upgrade ActiveX Controls in the General tab of yourProject Properties.

To manually register an ActiveX dll, use RegSvr32.exe (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regsvr32.mspx).

i did have the dao3.6 selected .. i unchecked it and selected the 3.51
i was able to rgister the dao350 ... i fixed the dll error i was getttin as stated in the begin of this forum...
now i am gettin this error:
error : run time error 20535 unable to connect incorrect session parameters

i found this on the cr site: http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2006736.asp
To resolve these errors:

1. Use Access 97.

2. Ensure that Access 97 runtime files are installed on the client computer.

3. Ensure the Crystal drivers for Access are not version 7.0.100.2 or later.

After completing these steps, the Crystl32.ocx is not able to connect to a Microsoft Access 97 database when Microsoft Access 2000 runtime files are installed on the client computer.
waht 97 runtime files are needed? on the client computer>? that computer does have access 2000 ....
waht can i do??? would the solution to all this to have to upgrade cr?
and if so... i would like to get the easiest version poss that i dont have to make many changed to the reports, and how thaey are called in vb ( would like them to work the same ways as in cr4, callin the reports as close as poss)
.. please help....
thanks

IUnknown
10-06-2005, 04:10 PM
> waht can i do??? would the solution to all this to have to upgrade cr?
How are you connecting your report to your AccessDB? Are you using native or ODBC? You may be able to work around this problem by not using native connection to your Access db.

To upgrade or not, well, if your company is willing to fork out the money, why not?

randem
10-06-2005, 04:21 PM
naramir,

There is a way to automaticall update your MDAC/DCOM/JET engines on the target machine and you don't have to figure out what's needed. Look in my signature in Installation Problems and get the Automatic OS Updater.

randem
10-06-2005, 04:25 PM
IUnknown,

You don't have to upgrade CR. All that has to be done is to get the correct dlls. There are only three ways to do that. Either use InnoScript to automatically find those dll's, Use Depends to search each dll and find them your self or use the CR runetime.hlp file to attempt to figure out which dll's you need for your app.

naramir
10-07-2005, 08:01 AM
naramir,

There is a way to automaticall update your MDAC/DCOM/JET engines on the target machine and you don't have to figure out what's needed. Look in my signature in Installation Problems and get the Automatic OS Updater.
randem,
ok im at the site... im sorta unsure waht all i need to update???
i have vb6 sp6 and win xp and the other machines have will hav the app b winxp...
do i need this one>? Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Files (after SP5 included in Windows Server 2003)

Microsoft Jet 4.0 Components SP6 XP (3.3mb) ???
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.0 (5.1mb)
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6 (5.1mb)
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7 (5.2mb)
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8 (5.4mb)
Jet Compact and Repair Tool (64kb)
Automatic Installation

Automatic OS Updater for MDAC/JET/DCOM

All Windows Versions (32.9 mb) - Last Updated 5/27/05
Winodows 9x (23 mb) - Last Updated 5/27/05
Windows Me (23 mb) - Last Updated 5/27/05
Windows NT (20 mb) - Last Updated 5/27/05
Windows 2K (19 mb) - Last Updated 5/27/05
Windows XP (19 mb) - Last Updated 5/27/05
whic one of theese do i need or all of them????
i sorta know of theses in some ways and i want to get it all corrtect so the app will run smothly on the other machines like it does mine....
do i need to install these components (which ones of these) before i install the app? or after or????
please let me know.. thanks
u all been helpfull....

naramir
10-07-2005, 08:52 AM
.. well guess what???? !
i downloaed the Automatic Installation

Automatic OS Updater for MDAC/JET/DCOM

All Windows Versions (32.9 mb) - Last Updated 5/27/05
from the http://www.randem.com/support.html
i installed it on the users computer other than mine... i had to app on there already but got those errors...
i open it up and clicked the button to view the crystal reports and .. wallla
IT WORKED!!!!
problem solved...
and waht a headache it was.....
this was the solution to al of this and i wish i would have known sooner,,, i would not have the hassel and headaches ive been havin stuggling.. well i really learned from this experiance and know waht to do in the future....
thanks ALLL that helped me with all these problems.. and directed me in the right direction...
this is the only vb forum i go to and ask questions cus i get reponses almost all the time.... and i dont get a reply on the other vb forums i go to.. u guys are the greatest!!!
thanks... and i hope that i dont have any more probs...:"))) heheheh

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum