Adding/Editing Toolbars/Menus in Word from VB6

tonyr1988
11-21-2005, 08:35 PM
I want to make an app that will put source citations into your Word document. I want a toolbar in Word to show up (similar to what Adobe and MathType have) or change the menu have to an entry such as Insert -> Citation...preferably the second one, but either one would do.

Clicking on it would open up a little box that let you pick your style (APA, MLA, etc.), media, and type in your information, and then it would throw it on your page in the proper format.

How would I go about doing that very first step?

Timbo
11-22-2005, 05:19 AM
The MSO library is (obviously) available in Word as well as Excel, thus the posts related to the CommandBar object in this thread can be easily adapted to your needs.

tonyr1988
11-22-2005, 11:00 PM
I may be mistaken, but aren't those for programming within Office? I need a VB6 program to actually do all of the things, right?

I have absolutely NO experience in programming apps for Word...

tonyr1988
11-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Scratch that last post...I'm starting to understand I think.

I have a macro in Word that puts in the toolbar that I want. Now...my updated question list:

1) How do I open my VB6 program from VBA?

2) How do I get the toolbar to "stick" every time? How do I get the macro loaded into the Word document and ran?

Thanks.

tonyr1988
11-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Sorry, scratch that one, too. I've decided to just go ahead and do everything VBA - it seems to be easier.

Timbo
11-24-2005, 01:43 PM
You can use your VBA code within the VB6 app if necessary. But if you don't otherwise need to use VB6 then you're doing the right thing.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum