Run OpenGl app in VB .NET CF

ludwigkosta
03-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi!
I'm programming an application in VB .NET Compact Framework and I have another one written in OpenGL ES in C.
How can I open an OpenGL window under my VB .NET form?
I can run an OpenGl ES application on my mobile device and I can run a VB .NET CF application too, but I would like to call my OpenGL ES under my VB application...

Can anybody help me? I thank you in advance!

neonet
03-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Hi!
I'm programming an application in VB .NET Compact Framework and I have another one written in OpenGL ES in C.
How can I open an OpenGL window under my VB .NET form?
I can run an OpenGl ES application on my mobile device and I can run a VB .NET CF application too, but I would like to call my OpenGL ES under my VB application...

Can anybody help me? I thank you in advance!

I'm having a problem too and provided some code in thread here:
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=257072

I dunno if that'll help but if you find answer to your problem maybe it'll help me too.

ludwigkosta
03-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Well I think I found the answer to my problem...

I'm trying to make it work, and hopefully it will work tomorrow or friday.

Run openGL ES in VB .NET Compact Framework?
All I have to do is, since all my openGL ES function are written in C, create a project in Visual C++ Embedded (but any visual studio will do) to create a dll. After this just add your functions and declare them properly (there are sites in the internet that teach you how to do it). After this, build the DLL and you should be able to call your functions from the DLL from Visual Basic. So just call your openGL functions in VB (the main function for example).

Hope to help anyone that reads this post!

Cheers
Luis

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum