Trying to imitate an "Options" box

mdusoe
03-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I am new to .NET, although have worked with VB and VBA in the past. Just changed jobs, and am trying to get my head around the .NET Framework...

Anyway, I need to create a form with the look and feel of the Options Box. Specifically, I would like to have those divider lines that separate sections. For an example using Studio 2003, open Tools -> Options -> Environment -> General. See those lines that separate Settings and Docked Tool Window Behavior? I want to do a similar thing on my form - logically separate grouped data without using a full frame (er...I mean...GroupBox).

What is the best approach? I could use a GroupBox with a height of 1, but then I have to separate the label from the line. I don't really want to resort to coding some GDI+ object, because at this point the learning curve is too great for a silly little line. (Not that I don't want to learn it, I just don't think I should spend all of that time right now... ya know?)

HELP!

Thank you for your time.
Mike.

Iceplug
03-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Well, for not learning GDI+, you're going to be quite bound by what regular controls will offer you.

I think the GroupBox with little height and a label would be the closest representative of the thing in Options menu. You can also have a GroupBox with labels placed on the inside to cover the boundaries. :)

mdusoe
03-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Thank you for the reply Iceplug.

I did a little more searching after I posted this, and I found exactly what I was looking for at http://blogs.duncanmackenzie.net/duncanma/archive/2005/04/14/1306.aspx

Believe me, I will learn the GDI+ stuff, but I just don't have the time to devote to it right now.

Thanx again,
Mike.

Iceplug
03-14-2006, 05:47 PM
If you learn GDI+, you can even make controls like that :)... if you go back to controls :D.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum