Transparency mask on PictureBox's

tengu
03-23-2006, 03:39 AM
Hi.

I am trying to do an interface designer to create plugins for a certain software. So to be able to create visible buttons that can be moved and resized and all that, I choose a PictureBox.

The problem I am facing is that I can't create a transparency map or mask for pictureBoxes. I can for the actual form but not for PictureBox's. I have tried to check out other controls to use instead of a picturebox but I find none to allow transparency masks.

This is not a matter of life or death, just a matter of cosmetics.

Glad for any tips or hints.

Best regards
Patrik Westlin

PS: If I succeed in this I will add it to my tutorial that I am writing. The tutorial is about creating controls programmatically at runtime and giving them all sorts of features.

Iceplug
03-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Well, to give a control a transparent region, I think you can create a GraphicsPath object that specifies the shape and convert the GraphicsPath to a Region, then assign the region to your Picturebox.Region. :)

tengu
03-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Well, to give a control a transparent region, I think you can create a GraphicsPath object that specifies the shape and convert the GraphicsPath to a Region, then assign the region to your Picturebox.Region. :)

Wont that just create a clip map instead of a transparency map?

My goal is to create a control in a interface design environment and have handles outside of the actual control so it doesn't obstruct the view of the actual control.

Need to ponder a bit on that one.

Thanks for the hint though.

Best regards
Patrik Westlin

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum