Trouble with Form Openning

silenuz
03-27-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm having trouble even showing a form now. I was playing with positioning and now suddenly the form will no longer load. When it gets to the line frmViewPerson.show I get the following error:
"An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index"
Any reason why this would suddenly start happening ? The only thing I've done other then play with location is to change the dataset a bit. This is very frustrating as the form will no longer load even if it's the startup form. Any and all suggestion for fixing this poroblem would be greatly appreciated as I have no wish to looose all my work on this form. Alternatively a pointer to a Visual Source Safe 101 site so I can learn to recover things from VSS when stuff like this happens.

cosmosis
03-27-2006, 11:54 AM
have you tried creating an appmanager as your startup object and running everything from there?

silenuz
03-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Well thats how it was, then I changed it to just load the form, and then moved the form to a seperate project, and it still doesn't work :( Have to just redo it I guess.

cosmosis
03-27-2006, 12:50 PM
do you use code to show the form, of have you set it as a startup object in the project properties?

silenuz
03-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Neither works. I tried both. And it's hard to debug because it occurs even before the form load event. At this point it's probably easier to just redo it. It's mostly code anyway. I thing the designer in VS 2005 is somewhat buggy, where datsets, and datsources are concerned.

cosmosis
03-27-2006, 01:20 PM
ah... you're using vb2005... figures. i tried it and concluded it's utterly and completely useless because of the buggy and extremely slow ide :P

perhaps i'll try it again when servicepack 1 is out

good luck to ya :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum