Extra, Extra large cursor?

Arne
04-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Hi all,

I'm creating a colouringbook for my 3 year old kid.
I would like to have a very, very, very big cursor (in a brush like shape) for her to walkaround the paint area.

On the internet I only come across 32 x 32 and 48 x 48 cursors for windows to download. Although some editors claim to be able to create 64 x 64 or even 128 x 128 px cursors, there don't seem to be any (cursors!) available for download.

If anyone knows a good website , link or what ever..please let me know.

I got the Idea that maybe cursors bigger than 48 x 48 are not supported in windows appl. ??

If so I was wondering if I might be able in VB.2005 to create a picture in a picture box and have that picturebox follow the mouse (coordinates) where ever it goes!? (on top op everything else on the form!). In this way simulating a big picture to be the mouse pointer.

Ofcourse that picturebox should also act as a mouse with click events, hotspots? and all that.

Does anyone have sugestions for me how to handle this "prolem" (or get me started in the right direction)

jo0ls
04-11-2006, 02:36 AM
You can use a non standard cursor, by converting a bitmap to an icon to a cursor. The hotspot gets fixed in the centre, so you can pad the image with transparent pixels to make it so that the hotspot is in the right position.
see last post here:
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=256694

Arne
04-11-2006, 03:21 AM
You can use a non standard cursor, by converting a bitmap to an icon to a cursor. The hotspot gets fixed in the centre, so you can pad the image with transparent pixels to make it so that the hotspot is in the right position.
see last post here:
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=256694

Oke, the create cursor example worked great exept when it tries to save the new cursor in to a png image format for later use.(and anyother format!)

The programm than stops at the following line of code:

cursorBitmap.Save("D:\test.png", ImageFormat.Png)

And gifs me the following exeption error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException was unhandled
Message="A generic error occurred in GDI+."

I loaded a bmp, JPG and a GIF image with all the same "save" error.

Any Ideas?

Arne
04-11-2006, 03:36 AM
Oke, the create cursor example worked great exept when it tries to save the new cursor in to a png image format for later use.(and anyother format!)

Hmm nevermind my last post!

I forgot I don't have write permissions on C:\ :D
Changed this to D:\Data and all works fine

Thanks alot for your great help :p

Arne

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum