Picture manipulating - insight

erickwidya
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
hi all,

i'm using VB 6.0 for 2 years now but just for database programming..

now i like to learn about picture manipulating..
but not sure where to start..i've search at the forum but can't any clue..

plz give an insight

thx,
erick

NeoSaint
04-13-2006, 08:55 AM
how are you trying to manipulate it?

erickwidya
04-14-2006, 09:04 PM
thx NeoSaint
how are you trying to manipulate it?

the manipulating that i mean is such as brightness, contrast, etc

also is a easier in VB 6.0 or VB.NET?
i've seen example in VB6...very..very hard to understand..it involve BitBlt API i think..

more precise..regarding picture manipulation..
1. from where should i start?
2. which should i learn first?
3. use what that easier? .NET or VB 6.0?

can anyone give me somelink like tutorial, source code..stuff like that..(already found some at this forum)

thx alot,
erick

jo0ls
04-15-2006, 03:44 AM
Don't know vb6..
With .Net you will either use built in methods or roll-your-own. For any particular image manipulation technique there are no doubt several ways to do it, and they will vary in complexity and speed of operation, and sometimes the effect produced. It's a bit hard to talk in general.
The built in techniques are part of the graphics system used in windows forms - gdi+ (http://www.bobpowell.net/gdiplus_faq.htm).
Some of the GDI methods are quite hard to understand, for example using matrixes to alter an images colors. Some is pretty easy, like the bitmap.rotate method. That page is a good place to start.
Many other effects can be produced by scanning through each pixel in an image. You can use bitmap.getpixel to read the color value of a pixel, manipulate it depending on what you want to do, then write it back with setpixel. You can speed this up by using lockbits, which is complicated until you get the hang of it.

erickwidya
04-16-2006, 08:11 PM
thx jo0ls

ok..i use .net then..bitmap.getpixel is better i think than writing ur own function to get be pixel of the bitmap in VB 6.0 (since the function already there :D)

will take a look at the link u gave..

thx again

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum