Rendering math symbols in GDI+

doug5516
06-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Does any one know any tricks for rendering math symbols such as the square root sign with a multi-term radicand completely under the sign? How about a fraction with multi-term numerator and denominator? I need to be able to render these within a line of text in the same font as the rest of the text, so I really can't just paste in an image (plus I will not know ahead of time what the radicand or numerator and denominators are). If someone knows how to do this, but it is way too long or complicated to explain, if you could just direct me to some good references that would be appreciated. I haven't been able to find anything on the subject specific enough to help me.

jwakeman
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Sounds like an equation editor to me. I am currently working on creating a equation editor. So far I am only working on the multi-term ratio. Not Easy and nothing much to share yet. Here is a thread I started and got one reply for. I will be posting any real progress I make to the thread below.

http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=262311

doug5516
06-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the reply and the sharing of information. I'll return the favor and if I come up with any break throughs post the ideas here. I am doing an equation editor of sorts. I am parsing MathML and converting it into a bitmap using GDI+. Not really my choice, this is the requirements of the project. I already know how to parse the xml and how to do the simpler rendering, it is the radical signs, the fractions, and the various other math symbols that are throwing me. I am beginning to think I got talked into something that is not doable in the time frame that I have. Any way, thanks again and good luck on your project.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum