Error using Microsoft Chart 11.0 (COM)

BlitzerMan
06-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Hello All,

In my application I make use of Excel Automation to generate management information reports. They now asked me to build a kind of dashboard to show realtime information. For this purpose i'm trying to use a chart to visualize the data.

I'm trying to do so by means of the Microsoft Chart 11.0 component which is based on a COM library. I took the following steps;

Registered the component in the toolbox pallete with the component viewer (right mouse button on toolbox -> choose items).
Put the component on the form (first attachment).
When i try and show the form i get an error (second attachment)

It's the first time ever i'm using a graph component so i don't have a clue about the error and what it means.

Could someone clearify it form me? Any help is gladly appriciated!

Thanks in advance,

Francois

JNewt
06-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Apparently it doesn't like your font. Are you setting the chart's font property at any point?

BlitzerMan
06-13-2006, 09:15 AM
No i'm not. I actually done nothing yet :). I just put the chart on the form and tried to run it.

as a matter of fact i cracked the problem. I tried and put the chart directly on a form instead on a QPanel (gradient panel by QiosDevSuite.com). That resolved the problem. Very strange, I know! But i'm glad I worked it out :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum