unload 2nd form

Donaldupnorth
10-09-2006, 04:12 PM
I have 2 forms open. 1 is hidden. I want to close it from the 2nd form but am not doing to well at it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Donald

reboot
10-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Unload Form1

Donaldupnorth
10-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Thank you for your quick response. I have tried that but when I close the 2nd program with the Red X in the right hand top of the form the Task Manager still shows the program running.

When I start the 2nd program in the form load part after I get some information from the first program I use Unload Form1 but it appears to still be running.

Thank You

Donald

passel
10-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Form1 can't be unloaded if it has code running, or you have a reference to something on the form you're referencing from Form2.
I don't know, but I would suspect anything declared as Public in the form, might keep if from being unloaded, but I would have to test that.

Edit: Well, I've checked, and according to the Forms collection, Form1 is unloaded, even with Public variables. The Public variable maintains its value, even with the form unloaded. The program exits fine when I close the second form.

I suspect you must have some kind of loop running, but not knowing the code, it is only guessing.

Donaldupnorth
10-09-2006, 05:35 PM
I think you are right about variables being public. I will try to work around this one.

Thank You,

Donald

passel
10-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Note, I did check (see my edits above). Public variables don't seem to be an issue in my quick test.

Donaldupnorth
10-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I quess I am going to have to learn about molules and how they work.

Thank You,

Donald

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum