debugging and .exe

erocm
05-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Two questions for the "smart ones" of visualbasicforum.com

1. can I call an executable from ASP passing variable between the two?

2. anyone have documentation on debugging ....I use XP IIS and have that working fine....but I cannot figure out how to debug on here....

Help !!!

Rezner
05-23-2002, 02:31 PM
1. No, you can not call an .exe with asp. Imagine the fun people could have if they could use a webpage to control what applications you were running.

2. What developmental environment do you use? (Visual InterDev, etc) Your debugging capabilities stem directly from the evironment itself.

erocm
05-23-2002, 02:44 PM
I know what you mean by the problems, I was just thinking that if you had a specific level of control could it be done....guess not......just a thought....

I am using Frontpage 2002 right now. I have Intdev with VS6 but I don't know how to use it. Pretty much I just code it with a text editor. Hard, but fun ! :)

thanks for your reply !

erocm
05-23-2002, 02:48 PM
nice glasses... :)

Rezner
05-23-2002, 02:51 PM
InterDev can be somewhat overwhelming... but you can access the .asp capabilities rather easily. If you want to use it for creating/modifying .asp pages (much better than a simply text editor), then simply navigate to a current .asp page in explorer and then double click it. It should open up with InterDev, if not then reassociate the asp pages with InterDev.

When it opens in InterDev, you will be in the .asp editor and will have the debugging capabilities and syntax checking. The IntelliSense is especially nice for .DLLs.

Anyway, from there you simply have to click save to update the page.

erocm
05-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Thanks for your help, I tried it a few times...but got frustrated due to the limited exposure I had with it. The debugging is were most of the frustration happened. Any links you can pass my way to help me with figuring out the debugging?

I am pretty familiar with VB6 debugging....but I cannot get this one to run after I set the stops....any ideas?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum