Attach file on forums

koqui
05-29-2002, 01:28 AM
Hiya Again,
For the past few days I've been working on my forum, and came to a complete stop, when I need to make a Attach file on the forum, with a filter. please help. How can I put a Attach file on the forum (( under the user(something like this forum, in which the user uploads a file, that are valid file extension ))??

-koqui

Robby
05-29-2002, 01:45 AM
This is the code...

<INPUT type='FILE' name='FILE1'>

And to filter, you can use JS or VBS to validate on the current page(before submit) or on the recieving page

Rezner
05-29-2002, 09:11 PM
There is a great open source application for this, called EZUploadLite, available at http://www.dougdean.com. You can use it or get some ideas for building your own.

Robby
05-29-2002, 09:30 PM
There are some servers that don't allow Anonymous FTP , before you waste your time coding (as I did), find out first.

Robby
05-29-2002, 09:34 PM
This Sample (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnasdj01/html/asp0900.asp) from MS will get the job done.

Again, you need Anonymous FTP.

koqui
05-29-2002, 10:24 PM
:( thanx robby for that warning...but can I place the form upload and make the file be placed somewhere else?? and or us my password for users to upload? and make it redirect to the listing?? mmm lets say...

This is what I would like to accomplish:
Have an Upload Forum, that allows user to download a (one type of format *.txt ) file. Then after thas done take the user back to the Listings of all the uploaded files from which they can download other types of files. Some like Cnet listing.

-Thnax

Robby
05-29-2002, 11:06 PM
1) So are you allowed Anonymous FTP?

2) And if the users will enter a password...

are they entering a server password (like you do when you FTP)
or
one that you will hold in a database (like a members list)?

As for the second paragraph of your last post, Yes it's very possible,
but I suggest that you get the upload part working first.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum