Problem with public functions and mid child

coocoobird
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey all,

I am trying to find out how if a form is called as a mdi child.. i cant access any of the text boxes or functions from another form... because i have it set like this...

Main form...
calls search form - mdi child
search form calls an upload form - mdi child.. but i cant access properties of text boxes or functions when i do it this way.. if i dont do it as a mdi child. it works fine.. how do i get around that? =/

AtmaWeapon
07-01-2007, 12:23 AM
It's probably going to depend on your structure (whether it's multi-assembly or not) and how you are trying to access the properties.

By default, all of the controls have Friend access, which means that any caller in the same assembly has access to that control. By default, classes aren't public; I haven't looked up what they are but the way they behave I believe it is private. Make sure your child form is declared as "Public Class <whatever>".

Also, could you provide a brief example of how it's going wrong? In particular I'm interested in how you access the properties and the differences in your code between the MDI method and the other method.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum