i need a new logo!

kraftwerk
05-30-2002, 03:24 PM
i really want a new logo(s) for my website (www.jamcalc.org).
can someone please help me out?

Agent
05-30-2002, 03:47 PM
A logo. Who goes to a website just for a logo? The main
thing is content. Right now, I see you have some pretty
good stuff there. I see some tutorials and downloads that
people can learn from.

Your current logo is way too big. Well... you see, people with
slow modems (me) and small screens don't want to see it or
wait for it to download.

I'm not going to make a logo for you that is for dag on
sure, but I would suggest, if your dedicated enough, to
buy Paint Shop Pro. It has many features and is quite nice.

kraftwerk
05-30-2002, 03:58 PM
how much does Paint Ship Pro cost?

Agent
05-30-2002, 04:16 PM
Find out here. (http://www.jasc.com/products/psp/)

kraftwerk
05-30-2002, 05:37 PM
is Paint Shop Pro the best?

orufet
05-30-2002, 06:10 PM
It's really personal prefrence. I like Photoshop a lot more, but I suspect the only reason is because I've been taught to use it. I've never really used PSP very much, so my opinion is biased. Photoshop does seem to have a lot more flexibilty, though.

Robby
05-30-2002, 06:21 PM
The only app I've ever used is Photoshop, so of course I think it's the best. I've been using it since version 2.0 (I think)

Agent
05-30-2002, 07:02 PM
Orufet is right. It is all your opinion. The best bet would be
to find demos of the top software. I know PSP has a demo
you can download but I don't know about Photoshop.

kraftwerk
05-30-2002, 08:25 PM
it looks like PSP is generally $100, but photoshop is about $700! PSP is basically the only think i (and most people) can afford!

orufet
05-30-2002, 08:29 PM
The GIMP is free, easy to use, and has lots of features. It's unstable and buggy on Windows, though...

kraftwerk
05-30-2002, 08:36 PM
GIMP?

orufet
05-30-2002, 08:42 PM
Yes, the GNU Image Manipulation Program...

http://www.gimp.org/

Xilica2k2
06-02-2002, 08:04 AM
I would have to say Photoshop 6 or 7 is the best. My brother uses and he makes awesome logos in it. I also have Paint Shop Pro and I find it harder to use. But then again, that is maybe because I haven't used it that much and got adjusted the Photoshop 6.

By the way, go to Adobe.com and download the trial version of Photoshop 7. You can get trials for most expensive software out there such as Flash and Paint Shop Pro.

Robby
06-02-2002, 02:29 PM
PharmacyMoon, have you used Photshop 5.0? That is what I've used for years and wanted to know if you think that it's worth an upgrade.

mikeeatworld2
06-03-2002, 09:33 PM
Robby i highly sugest that you upgrade to 7.0, it's the best! it's not even close to 6.

as for the whole, paint shop pro or photoshop.....well i started out with psp(paint shop pro) v. 4, the demo. i loved it and then i bought it for version 5 then kept upgrading till the latest v.7.

for the cost i'd have to say paintshop pro is the most for you money. but if you have the extra cash go with photoshop7.

and kraftwerk if you still need a logo i'd be glad to make you one, i know photoshop very well, and i know illustrator 10 very well, and also flashMX. email me at mikeeatworld2@hotmail.com

-mike

Cogen
06-10-2002, 12:08 PM
I have a lot of experience with photoshop, and I have also used psp for a while also ... I will just say that I think mikeeatworld2 is right on the money.
psp is a lot cheaper, and therefore I would say it's better for the average joe to fiddle around with, but if you have psp and photoshop, then there's no competition. Photoshop is much more advanced, period. Anyone making a web site or two for personal use is fine with psp, since it's a pretty powerful graphics tool, but if you want to do professional work for a living, then I strongly suggest going with photoshop. And if you have a little extra money, getting Illustrator isn't a bad idea either. Although then your getting into a little more advance graphics work. Personlly I think Illustrator is cool to play around with, but if I want something done to that extent, I usually leave it to the graphics designers.

Just my opinion.

FunctionMan
06-10-2002, 01:16 PM
I would use Quark express, Paint Shop Pro or even Corel Draw. They are all powerful programs but you have to have both an imagination and some skill.

Cogen
06-10-2002, 01:24 PM
FunctionMan, you are right. Imagination and skill is priority number one when it come to graphics. Which program you use is not as important as the individual that's using them.

I'm just curious though, did you leave photoshop out of your list because it's expensive?

Xilica2k2
06-10-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Robby
PharmacyMoon, have you used Photshop 5.0? That is what I've used for years and wanted to know if you think that it's worth an upgrade.

It is worth the upgrade. I have bought both Photoshop 6 and then the upgrade to 7.0. I would say it is worth the upgrade. PS7 has many new features. If you can, get a copy of 6 because it is alot cheaper. When I upgrade I upgrade every few copies such as: Visual Basic 4 to Visual Basic 6. I don't buy every version.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum