Regestry Driven Pad. Help

astropirit
08-19-2007, 04:06 AM
hey guy once again i require assistance from te wise people of this forum.

My question is how do i make a code like this for vb2005. the cood below is fro vb6.0 Can any one help me plz?

By the way it small notes form. you enter text and close. u dont haveto save. i am a newbie

Private Sub Form_Load()
If Dir(App.Path & "\notes.dat") = "" Then
Open App.Path & "\notes.dat" For Output As #1
Print #1, ""
Close #1
End If
Open App.Path & "\notes.dat" For Input As #1
Do While Not EOF(1)
If Text1.Text = "" Then
Line Input #1, inputline
Text1.Text = inputline
Else
Line Input #1, inputline
Text1.Text = Text1.Text & vbCrLf & inputline
End If
Loop
Close #1
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer)
Open App.Path & "\notes.dat" For Output As #1
Print #1, Text1.Text
Close #1
End Sub

Travesty
08-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Not to seem rude or condensending, but a quick 5-second search on google using the search terms "visual basic 2005 migration" gave me close to 3 million results. Please do your reasearch before posting your queries in a forum, seeing as how we aren't a free technical support hotline.

I believe the .NET series comes with a migration tool.
Try: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbrun/ms788233.aspx

astropirit
08-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Well gess wat you are rude!!! *** *** ***! :o :o :o :o :o

Travesty
08-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Well gess wat you are rude!!! *** *** ***! :o :o :o :o :o
I'm sorry you feel that way. But the fact remains that we aren't here to do your work for you. And for free, no less.

I even took the initiative of helping you by doing your research for you. That's a heck of a lot more than your average forum member would do. How rude of me to be so nice. Did you even bother to check the only currently existing sticky thread at the top of the ".NET General" forum that you just posted in? It's as if God himself knew you were coming.

So, please don't ridicule this community simply because you didn't get everything that you wanted, thanks

astropirit
08-19-2007, 07:05 AM
lighten up. just kidding. and those werent curs words. lol i wrote *** *** ***

MKoslof
08-19-2007, 10:19 AM
You want to review the System.IO namespace. Look up, in particular the TextReader/TextWriter objects, such as the StreamReader and StreamWriter.

astropirit
08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
ohhh. i figured it out but thanks for the responces. srry travesty i was just kidding.

Travesty
08-19-2007, 05:12 PM
It's okay. There was no implication of a joke, so I was forced to take you seriously, unfortunatly. Good luck with your development process.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum