Session Variable thru Visual Basic Application !!

Nattyboy
06-07-2002, 06:15 AM
Dear All,

This is My First Message to this Forum. Hope any of you can help me. coming to the point. I am creating an Visual Basic Application from which i will open up my Site in Internet Explorer, the reason why am doing this is coz I don't want my Site to be opened directly from a web browser IE or Netscape or anything .. the reason for this also is many r using the site from linux or netscape even though the information said to them was to use in IE as many validations r done in Javascript and not working in Linux browsers. So i decided this way, after executing the Application it opens up the site and also creates a Session Variable for eg Session("Checkuser") = "Natty" .. so in my default page i will check whether the Session is Empty or Not ! .. if its not empty then i will allow him to view my Page else i will Say "Access Denied". Even my default.asp page i have put all the code in Visual Basic and made it as DLL so no one can view that page code also and its safe to be put on the server.

Kindly Help me how to create a session variable from my application :confused: or else tell me how can i do the above process . i have already tried one option by passing the variable as "default.Asp?CheckUser=Natty" and it works fine put if i go and type the same in the URL it allows him.

I guess there should be some way for this. Please Help Me !! Please ..

Thanks in Advance !!

- Natty

Rezner
06-07-2002, 10:49 PM
You need to reference the Active Server Pages Object Library. This will allow you to use the Response object and its methods.

Nattyboy
06-08-2002, 12:49 AM
Dear Mr.Rezner,

Thanks for your Reply ! . actutally i tried the reference but in vain then only i posted my question. well u know .. am able to assign a value for my Session Variable Session("Checkuser") = "Natty" and compile the project as DLL and if i use it from my ASP Page and type Response.Write Session("CheckUser") it displays me the Value, but what i need is once my page opens thru my EXE the session variable has to be Created, am not able to get the Session from a Standard exe Application it says me the Error "Object Variable or With block Variable Not Set".

I have attached my code in the Zip file kindly go through it and let me know where am wrong.

Thank you !
- Natty

Nattyboy
06-14-2002, 03:01 AM
Hello All,

:eek: No reply for my Question anything can be done ?? pls give me ideas, no one has downloaded my file also feel bad :(

waiting for ur reply
- nattyboy

Rezner
06-16-2002, 11:02 AM
I would go to www.dougdean.com and download his EZUploadLite COM component and then examine the source code. Off the top of my head, this is one of the best demonstrations I can think of for how to use the Response Object through VB.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum