Active X

Gazzo
06-11-2002, 05:12 AM
Hi can anybody help please?

I have created an ActiveX chart to be used in a web page. It basically draws lines on the usercontrol. The problem I am having is that I cannot get it to display when printing.

I understand that as of version 4 IE uses background printing which will mean that the ActiveX control will be recreated for printing. I have tried to redraw it on the Show event and also on the Initialize event but I cannot get it to work.

Has anybody else done this before or does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get it to print?

Cheers,
Gazzo.

double-helix
07-14-2002, 06:07 AM
sorry, i've had the same problem, and i can't get round it. one thing i tried is that i screendump it and then print after it has been edited. hoep this helps, or have i missed the points ?? :)

ChiefRedBull
07-15-2002, 06:36 AM
Have you set the AutoRedraw property = True?

Gazzo
07-22-2002, 03:48 AM
Hi,

what I ended up doing was creating a component in .NET which draws the graph. On the page that I called the component from I set the response type to be an image. I then set this page as the source of an image tag on another page.

This leaves you with a standard HTML or ASP page with an image tag where the source is set to an ASP.Net page. This seems to work fine.

Gazzo.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum