Controlling a website

NakedPuts
06-11-2002, 04:09 PM
I am having problems controlling a website using VB. I have an Access database and use DOA to pull the data into variables. However I need to be able to enter the data into a text box on a website and hit a command button.

Is this possible using the WebBrowser component? I can build a webbrowser and get to the right url. That's where I get stuck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:confused:

ChiefRedBull
06-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Do you want to update the database?
However I need to be able to enter the data into a text box on a website and hit a command button.
Then what?
I have an Access database and use DOA to pull the data into variables.
Is this from within the webpage via ASP or from a VB program?

NakedPuts
06-11-2002, 05:46 PM
I use VB with DAO to access the database. I pull records from the database and want to enter them into the web site.

I don't need to update the database.

For example:

I pull a record from Access into a variable (strCustomerName)

I need to go to a website, place that variable into one of the text boxes on the website and press the "continue" command button on the website.

Is this enough information?

I appreciate your help.

ChiefRedBull
06-12-2002, 02:48 AM
Ah I see - so the data base is not on the webserver, and the website is not yours. So you're making a form filler program right?

Search the forum, there's been lots of posts on this subject. You basically need to access the Document Object Model of the webpage once its finished loading in a WebBrowser control. From here you can alter control values and submit forms easily.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum