Setting Icon of an exe

rplp4
02-19-2009, 07:57 AM
I have set the icon for the application. Then build the exe the I do not get the icon next to the exe. If I right click the exe and select properties the icon show in in the properties window. What do I need to do to get the Icon to show?

BBauer42
02-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Did you create a Setup and Deployment > Setup Project, or just publish the application?

If you just publish it, you need to go to Project > "YourProjectName Properties..." and on the application tab set the Icon.

If you created a setup project, you need to set the Icon under the properties window every place you have a shortcut to the project's primary output. For example, if you have a shortcut to the project under the "User's Desktop" folder, you need to highlight it and select the Icon from the properties window. Then, the Icon that gets installed on the desktop with the installer package will be whatever you chose.

Let me know if this helps.

rplp4
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
I did not use Setup and Deployment. I use Inno for this.
Problem Solved I had not refreashed the folder that contained the exe.

Thank you for your help

rplp4
02-19-2009, 10:58 AM
There is more to this. Change the folder view to anything above Midium size Icons the icon is replaced with a default icon. The Icon is not scaling. How can I fix this? The same Icon works in VB6.

BBauer42
02-19-2009, 12:51 PM
I would suggest re-sizing the icon to the largest size and storing it at that size. I believe it will scale down, but not up.

rplp4
02-19-2009, 02:30 PM
This I will have to do? This is only a problem running Vista.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum