01-03-2001, 07:13 AM
I have two .mdb files that are from the same database. (same fields, tables, etc.) I need to add the records from one file to the other so they are contained in one file. I have a customer that needs this asap so could somebody please tell me how to do this?
thanks very much,
01-03-2001, 09:01 AM
One way I know to do this inside Access is to make an append query for each of your tables in the database you want to move data from and use them to append (copy) the data from each table to the second database. Here's how:
1. Probably a good idea to make a backup copy of your database(s) just in case.
2. Create a new query for the table you want to copy data from.
3. Select the fields you want to copy. This might be all fields (*) OR if you have any AutoIncrement fields you'll want to manually select all fields except the AutoIncrement fields.
4. On your 'Query' menu select 'Append Query' - you'll be prompted for a tablename and given the option to select this database or another database. Pick the tablename you're 'appending' and select 'Another Database'. Give the path to your second db. (When I do this I select and copy the path after I type it so I can just paste it in on the rest of my appends).
5. Execute the query. It'll prompt you for confirmation and tell you how many records you're about to append (copy).
6. Save the query if you want to.