Security on Windows 2000 vs NT?

Sylvain
08-15-2002, 09:14 AM
Hi all,

I have a problem with the command copy in a batch file. My web page call the batch file. In my batch file I have just 1 line. A copy command. It's working fine on our intranet server who is on NT. But our futur intranet is on Windows 2000 and the same page doesn't works. Why?

The structure is I have a web page on the server who have IIS. On the same server I have a share who content a batch file. In the same place of the batch file I have a file with extention 850. The batch file content a copy command that copy the file on the same directory but with the extention DID.

I checked the securitu on both share and it's the same, but is doesn't working. I have no error on the result of my asp page.

This is the code of my asp page:
<%@ Language=VBScript %>

<%
RESPONSE.WRITE "Begin&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;" & Time & "<br>"
set wshell = server.createobject("wscript.shell")
wshell.run "f:\shrapp\DirectoryX\Sylvain\Test.bat"

set wshell = nothing
RESPONSE.WRITE "The End<BR>"
%>

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

The batch file content:
copy f:\shrapp\DirectoryX\Sylvain\File1.850 f:\shrapp\DirectoryX\Sylvain\File1.DID

I think its a security problem but I'm not sure. I repeat, the same code is working fine on NT server but not on Windows 2000 server.

It's still 2 days in work on that and I didn't fine the problem.

Derek Stone
08-15-2002, 11:48 AM
Is there any particular reason why you're using a batch file to accomplish this? The File System Object (FSO) would be a far better choice.

Sylvain
08-15-2002, 01:08 PM
I know the File System Object but I need to upload a file on a HP server and my intranet server is on nt network. I can't use the File System Object on the NT network and upload a file on a server HP. Two server on NT network is Okay but not for my case. If it can, I will be very happy to learn it.

In the batch file, I have the code for the FTP function and, at the end, I copy a file with extention DID. My web application loop until it find the file with the extention DID. It's the way I take to know if my external program(batch file) is finished. It's the way I want( a copy function at the end) but this morning I remarked my code is not working well. It's long to explain it, I will skeep that but there is another way to know when my batch file is finished? I call my batch file this way:
set wshell = server.createobject("wscript.shell")
wshell.run "ftp -s:f:\shrapp\DirectoryX\Sylvain\Test.bat"

"ftp -s:", it's for call ftp and it will execute with the file.

Ouuufff! A long e-mail, I hope my english will be good.

If you read all this e-mail, "Thank You". If you have an answer, "Thank you, Thank you".

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum