Thinking outside the frame

adouglas
08-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Hi,

I've got an ASP project which I need to be able to run inside a frame on a webpage. Trouble is, one of my ASP pages submits a form to a secure site. Because you can't mix the HTTP and HTTPS protocols (as far as I'm aware, anyway) I have to submit to the secure site using "target=_top" to show it in a full page. After this secure site has done its thing, it then submits back to the original site which has my ASP pages running inside the frame.

Unfortunately for me, this means that only the main page receives the submit from the secure site, so my code in the frame can't just use Request.Form(...) to see the values that were submitted back from the secure site. Is there some way that I can "see" outside the frame to get values that were submitted to the parent page?

I could probably write some script in the parent page to get the values out of Request.Form(...) and pass them into the frame via a querystring, but part of the idea of this project is to make it as simple as possible to be able to integrate it into any number of frames-supporting websites, which means we don't want to have to be writing script all over every website we want to add this to. We'd like to just be able to display my ASP pages in a frame on the website and have them self-contained from there.

Thinker
08-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Sorry I won't be much help, but I have many times his sites that
give me the warning that the page contains both secure and non-
secure elements, and asks me if I want to continue. If you can't
mix http and https in frames on a page, how could I get that
warning?

adouglas
08-22-2002, 09:11 PM
To be honest, I'm not too sure. This is only my second web project, and the first time I've ever used frames. All I know is that I kept getting an error (I forget the exact message) when I tried to load the secure site into a frame on a non-secure site. When I opened the secure site using the "target=_top" bit to make it use the full browser it worked fine. Looking round MSDN and the net, I couldn't find much about it except a couple of mentions of the fact that you can't mix different protocols (e.g. HTTP and HTTPS in this case) on a page.

Of course, if anybody can tell me how to display the HTTPS site in a frame on an HTTP site, that would be ideal and would solve all of my problems...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum