menu fonts

pleth
02-26-2003, 09:18 PM
I asked this question before, but I'll try again...

Can someone show me a simple example of how to change the menu font on VB forms? Surely this isn't as complicated as the "ownerdesign" theorists would have us believe, right? Are we really stuck with the default font and size?

Cheers to all.

OnErr0r
02-26-2003, 09:39 PM
You can use ModifyMenu api and a bmp, but you have no control over sizes like owner-drawn.

pleth
02-26-2003, 09:43 PM
any simple examples out there?:confused:

OnErr0r
02-26-2003, 09:54 PM
If you don't feel like messing with hDCs, then do your drawing on a picturebox (picture1.print "foo") then save it into an array of Picture objects. You'll need one picture object per menu item, so use an array of them. Those picture objects need to persist for the life of the exe.

Here is a snippet:

MenuId = GetMenuItemID(hSubMenu, Index) 'Get the MenuID for this item index.
ModifyMenu hMenu, MenuId, MF_BITMAP, MenuId, vPic(Index).Handle

Garrett Sever
02-27-2003, 06:16 AM
Surely this isn't as complicated as the "ownerdesign" theorists would have us believe, right?

Yep. That's what we're all trying to do. Make it needlessly complicated. We love doing extra work for no reason at all. :-\

Of course it doesn't matter that some of us have gone out of our way and given up our own time and source code to people like you so you can just drop it into you project and hit "run". :rolleyes:

[/sarcasm][/helpForPleth]

piggybank1974
02-28-2003, 05:39 PM
hi there

Personally there is no need to be * * * * *y about it.

I get more pleasure in helping others than I do coding sometimes. In the end thats what its all about and if you dont want to do it there is no point in being in the forum.

the pig.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum