Tabstrips,frames, Picture

DeanM
02-26-2003, 09:35 PM
I'm trying to make tabstrips work and I'm having problems with bringing the frame and or picture in focus or "to the front" in the designer when frames and or pictures are in the same footprint. I followed the instructions on the MSDN CD and created a frame array and I when I created the frames I could insert the controls and every thing looked fine. Now the frames are transparent and I see the controls for all the frames that are in the same footprint. I tried using picture controls but I'm having a problem bringing the picture controls in the same footprint "to the front" it only wants to make visable the top picture. Help.

Dean

Machaira
02-26-2003, 09:57 PM
What is the code you're using?

DeanM
02-27-2003, 07:44 AM
I'm not talking about runtime. Just when I am creating the form in the designer. Right now I've got a dummy form that I'm cutting and pasting the frame/picture to so I can see what it looks like and change it but thats rather cumbersome. Maybe is an inherent problem. Can you send one member of a frame or picture array to the back or front at design time? It seems to send all of them.

Machaira
02-27-2003, 09:39 AM
There shouldn't be any problem doing that. Can you post the form so we can see exactly what you're doing?

DeanM
02-27-2003, 10:59 AM
I think I got it figured out. The problem was doing it the way Microsoft said to do it. I got rid of the frames completely and put all the controls on individual picture objects. The example Microsoft used for runtime was flat wrong. The tabs are numbered 1 relative and the frames are numbered 0 relative so the code example in MSDN would not work. The code for using indivdual pictures instead of an array is a bit more complicated but I needed to get this working. I may play around with it more later. Heres the microsoft code. Thanks

Option Explicit
Private mintCurFrame As Integer' Current Frame visible

Private Sub Tabstrip1_Click()
If Tabstrip1.SelectedItem.Index = mintCurFrame _
Then Exit Sub ' No need to change frame.
' Otherwise, hide old frame, show new.
Frame1(Tabstrip1.SelectedItem.Index).Visible = True
Frame1(mintCurFrame).Visible = False
' Set mintCurFrame to new value.
mintCurFrame = Tabstrip1.SelectedItem.Index
End Sub

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum