Control Crashing

Quercus
03-06-2003, 10:42 AM
I have an application with several custom controls in it. In general, these controls are working fine and I don't have any problems with them except for one.

Whenever I add or delete a control, any control, form a form that has one or more of my custom controls on it, all of my custom controls will crash. I.e. they get hatch marks through them and they become non-operative until I close and re-open the form. After that, they work fine again until I change something else on the form.

Question #1: why would adding another control, such as a command button, to a form have any effect at all on my custom controls, much less cause them to crash?

To try to find the problem, I've riddled my custom controls with Breakpoints and OnError statements to try to find where the problem occurs. But the control is apparently crashing before execution within my control code even starts.

Question #2: how can I debug a problem that seems to be happening outside of my code?

Has anyone had this problem or know what is going on that might be able to give me a hand? Thanks.

Machaira
03-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Can you post the project? Without knowing exactly what your controls or project is doing it's hard to say where the problem is.

Erik_MCS
11-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi!

I'm having exactly the same problem. And even thought I have a lot of experience with Visual Basic, i can't solve this problem!!!!
It's driving me crazy! Have you finaly solved the problem?

Thanks,

Erik.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum