MS-DOS Like design

Cerf
03-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Yo yo yo,

Im trying to make a program that emulated linux commands. To do this I need to make a terminal, exactally like MS-DOS (but not). I don't want what I make to run DOS commands, I want to make my own command for it to run.

Any one know how to make an MS-DOS (command line style) interface that run custom commands??

Thanks

Squirm
03-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Add a textbox to your form, make its background colour black, foreground colour grey, and set it to a monospaced font.

Cerf
03-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Add a textbox to your form, make its background colour black, foreground colour grey, and set it to a monospaced font.

That covers some input (if I add another text box for output, the input is on a seperate line. I dont want that, I want it to look like MS-DOS prompt, the input line has to come after the last outputted line withing the same textbox or what ever), I dont want any command buttons (i dont want to use the onchange option) What about output (and preventing the user from changing the output afterwards.

Flyguy
03-07-2003, 01:22 AM
You could try to use a simple control (oldscreen.ocx) example I created a few months ago; last posting:
http://www.visualbasicforum.com/t60044.html

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum