listbox effect

hypnotik
03-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Im not sure where to post this, sorry if its in the wrong section, but i believe it deals with interface to a degree.

I have a project, it contains a LISTBOX,TEXTBOX, and two command buttons SEARCH and REPORT.

Upon opening the program the LISTBOX contains 200 names listed.
The aim of the program is so that when a surname is entered in the TEXTBOX, and the user presses SEARCH, it searches the LISTBOX for a matching surname, and when finds it it highlights it.
This works fins so far.
But i want to make the program look flashy.
I want it so that when it is Searching through the LISTBOX, to highlight random names just for fun, so it looks good for the user,, as if it is looking through the whole names, and as though a huge serach process is flying everywhere, up and down the listbox.

Though how?

thankyou for your help.

hypnotik'

dragnut
03-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Maybe when you find the name you are looking for, get the listindex for it, then start from 0 (150ish if its early in the list) and highlight say every 3rd or 4th name until you get to the one you need (step 3 or whatever) Dont know if it would work, but its an idea

find name wanted (listindex say 112)
start at LI 0 (or 2 or 4 etc) hilite it
add 3 to listindex and hilite that one
do until its to the name you want
do the rest of your stuff

Shawn

hypnotik
03-11-2003, 12:26 AM
tanx for the tip shawn, but i have developed a differant approach to the problem now..thankxz though

hypnotik'

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum