Merge three forms into one form

marlon
03-11-2003, 11:25 AM
What is the easiest way of merging three different forms into one form.

Banjo
03-11-2003, 11:43 AM
For what purpose? How you do it really depends on what you want to accomplish. You could just dump all of the controls on to the same form. You could use a tabstrip or you could use a listbox of option sets like the mIRC options window.

marlon
03-11-2003, 11:59 AM
For what purpose? How you do it really depends on what you want to accomplish. You could just dump all of the controls on to the same form. You could use a tabstrip or you could use a listbox of option sets like the mIRC options window.

I already created these three separate forms and would like to dump all the textbox values to a notepad. The only reason I would like to do this is to make it easier for the user meaning single click a command button instead of clicking three times to extract the values.

I am using VB 5 and I tried the tab controls but it seems I dont have the license to use that control.

Machaira
03-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Hmm, no license?

Put 3 frames on the form, get rid of the caption and border (if you want), drop the controls from each form into the frames and use a TabStrip control (which is different than the TabbedDialog control I'm assuming you're trying to use. You shouldn't have any problems with the TabStrip). You'll have to write the code to show each frame, but the effect is the same as the TabbedDialog control.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum