Grids / Drag & Drop & how to do it...

centred
03-12-2003, 10:13 PM
First of I just wanted to thank everyone that has posted both questions and answers here. Many articles have helped me (a very rookie programmer) to do a great many things in my programs.

However I seem to be at an impass. I am working on a program that I would like to take data from a list box, preferably perform a drag and drop opperation into some sort of a grid. There are two main problems I am having. First what kind of grid to use, I have tried to use a list view but the location on the grid is important so that didnt seem to work. I also looked into datagrid but they seem to require an outside datasource which is beyond what I need. Is there a control out there that can allow me to drag and drop data onto it?

Second main problem, depending on what is selected in the list box, the data that gets dropped onto the grid will be of diffrent sizes. For example if 'Item 1' is dragged and dropped onto the grid only one cell of the grid gets filled. However, if 'Item 2' is dropped it occupies two fields.

If anyone has any idea how I can perform this fairly easily that would be great. I am currently at a loss and my VB skills (I am learning as I go along) arent all that awesome.

I can give ya a copy of a program that has a working instance of what I want if anyone needs further info.

Thanks!
Centred

Flyguy
03-13-2003, 01:36 AM
The MSFlexGrid could do the trick.
You can find some sample code for tips and tricks in the Code Library.

centred
03-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Thanks :) I have been looking at the MSFlexGrid control but havent been able to make any heads or tails of it. Where is the documentation for it? Not to mention all the examples for using it seem to be in VB6, I am currently using VB .Net....

Flyguy
03-14-2003, 11:23 AM
The FlexGrid doesn't come for free with .net anymore.
Please post your .net questions on www.dotnetforums.net

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum