view html in text box

MarkD
03-17-2003, 02:50 PM
In my VB 6.0 program I give the user a form with a text box and some rudimentary controls to help them build HTML that will eventually get uploaded to a website. For instance they might hit an "Add Paragraph" button and the text box shows "<P>Enter Test Here.." that the user can then overtype with his/her paragraph.

I want them to be able to hit a "View HTML" button and then show them what the HTML code, presently in the text box, would look like on a webpage.

My question: is there an easy way to give the user a view of what the html will actually look like on the webpage while still in the VB program (maybe in another textbox on another form, or something)?

I have a feeling there's a simple solution for this and just need to be aimed in the right direction.

Thanks,
Mark

Squirm
03-17-2003, 03:01 PM
You could use the Webbrowser control.
Hit Ctrl+T, scroll down and check Microsoft Internet Controls. You then save your HTML to a temporary file and have the browser navigate to this file.

MarkD
03-17-2003, 03:09 PM
You could use the Webbrowser control.
Hit Ctrl+T, scroll down and check Microsoft Internet Controls. You then save your HTML to a temporary file and have the browser navigate to this file.

Wonderful. That's what I was looking for. Thanks Squirm! :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum