Taskbar icons and menus

Bobofbobland
03-21-2003, 05:01 AM
Hi,

This must be simple. but can I find it documented?

I have a little icon in the taskbar that pops up a menu when I left-click it.

There are two problems - one, having changed mind and decided not to select an option from the menu, it stays up when I move the mouse off it. It will not die. Ideally I would like it to go down the moment the mouse moves off, but will settle for losing it when I click on another window or the desktop. I can think of a couple of ways of doing this with timers, but none of them seem very elegant.

Second problem is probably even simpler - how do I refresh the taskbar to remove the icon when the program exits?

Thanks,

-BoBL

Squirm
03-21-2003, 05:07 AM
To have a menu close when the mouse moves away is not normal behaviour, have you ever seen a menu do this? Having a menu close when another window is clicked is default behaviour and should be happening anyway.

As for the second problem, you just need to pass NIM_DELETE to the Shell_NotifyIcon function.

Bobofbobland
03-21-2003, 06:10 AM
Um, no this isn't working.

It doesn't matter what else I click on - the menu remains up until I click on something within it. Note that it doesn't block anything else from working but it does stay on top regardless.

Also, I am passing the NIM_DELETE to said function but this doesn't have an effect. The icon remains after termination until the mouse passes over it.

:huh:

Any idea why?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum