grid data entry

jespeirer
03-28-2003, 08:35 AM
I'm relatively new to VB6 and need some help. I'm creating an interface to another program which will receive several repeating parameters. I want to use a grid type control and let the user enter values into the cells. Everything I have found allows the program to insert data but won't allow me to make the cells editable. Any help would be appreciated

dexmix
03-28-2003, 10:11 AM
I'm relatively new to VB6 and need some help. I'm creating an interface to another program which will receive several repeating parameters. I want to use a grid type control and let the user enter values into the cells. Everything I have found allows the program to insert data but won't allow me to make the cells editable. Any help would be appreciated

check our code repository, under flexgrid examples.

jespeirer
03-28-2003, 12:11 PM

check our code repository, under flexgrid examples.

Is this the only way to do this. Because, this is way over my head. Is it permitted for me to use this and what are the restrictions? This is for an internal program for use by me and a handful of other users.

Thinker
03-28-2003, 04:07 PM
You could buy a third-party grid control. You could use a datagrid but
it has to be bound to a datasource. This doesn't necessarily have to be
an actual database but it does have to be a real recordset object (which
can be created purely in code). The code examples in the Code Library
and Tutor's corner are free to use but if you use something the polite
thing to do is include some kind of credit in your program (mention in
about form or something similar).

dexmix
03-30-2003, 09:22 PM
did you check this (http://www.visualbasicforum.com/t35110.html)?
the cell editing examples are pretty simple.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum