Can I have a MultiLine MaskEdBox...?

pjshaw
04-03-2003, 08:21 AM
I gather from looking through the forums that MaskEdBox's are hated with a passion (I'm getting there), but I need to use them and I was just wondering if it's possible to easily emulate the 'MultiLine' facility of a regular TextBox...?

The reason I ask is that in my application I have an array of fields on a form (I made them into an array so it'd be easier to do processing) and obviously being an array they all have to be the same type, and some are date fields and need input masks, so I made them all MaskEdBox's regardless of whether it they would contain a date or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Shaw.

BankCop
04-04-2003, 09:58 PM
I gather from looking through the forums that MaskEdBox's are hated with a passion (I'm getting there), but I need to use them and I was just wondering if it's possible to easily emulate the 'MultiLine' facility of a regular TextBox...?

The reason I ask is that in my application I have an array of fields on a form (I made them into an array so it'd be easier to do processing) and obviously being an array they all have to be the same type, and some are date fields and need input masks, so I made them all MaskEdBox's regardless of whether it they would contain a date or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Shaw.

Like most everyone else, I don't use the MaskEdBox either. It doesn't appear that there's a property setting for Multiline so I doubt that you can use it that way.

GavinO
04-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Perhaps you could use two arrays, one of these date masks and one of normal text boxes. The processing to validate a date is also not that hard, so you could try that also.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum