drawing or adding a table to a form like in HTML

webstaff
04-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey Guys,

Im pulling a load of names from a database and would like them arranged on my form as like a pedigree layout, now on my site its easy I just add a table to the page and put the data into the table cells.

Ive looked all through my VB6 menu options and can see no table insert control of any kind.

Can anyone suggest how to do this?

I have attached an image the form im working with just now and its so plain to see that i need some kind of uniform spacing in the laout.

Thanks again
L

John
04-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Have you tried the MSFlexGrid?

webstaff
04-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Hi
Thanks for the reply,
I have never looked at MS FlexGrid but i will have a look into it now you have mentioned it, Is it an easy control to impliment?
Thanks again
L

Flyguy
04-07-2003, 02:34 AM
The proof of the MSFlexGrid is in the using! ;)

webstaff
04-07-2003, 02:55 AM
Hey guys,
I found a few different grids in my VB, so i hooked up my db to the msflexgrid and it seemed quite easy to display tabular data,

My problem is I dont want to have a normal grid as such.
My data needs to go into certain cells on specific columns.

The first column has 1 name
the second has 2
the 3rd has 4
the 4rth has 8,,, then 16 ,, then the last colum has 32 names in it, so how can i show the data you can see in the attachment I added so as it shows in the right way.

Also can I merge the cells like I can in HTML tables so that the colums in the grid have the same amount of cells as needed by the data that needs to go in there, I dont want to have odd or empty cells left or visible.

Would I be better making an image of the table I want and making it a BG to the form then lay the taxt boxes and lables that im using to hold my recordset in at the moment.

Thanks again..........

Les

dexmix
04-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Hey guys,
I found a few different grids in my VB, so i hooked up my db to the msflexgrid and it seemed quite easy to display tabular data,

the second has 2
the 3rd has 4
the 4rth has 8,,, then 16 ,, then the last colum has 32 names in it, so how can i show the data you can see in the attachment I added so as it shows in the right way.

Also can I merge the cells like I can in HTML tables so that the colums in the grid have the same amount of cells as needed by the data that needs to go in there, I dont want to have odd or empty cells left or visible.

Would I be better making an image of the table I want and making it a BG to the form then lay the taxt boxes and lables that im using to hold my recordset in at the moment.

Thanks again..........

Les

you can put text in any cell you want, without binding it to a datasource. You can also merge cells, with the same contents. As for laying out your fields on top of an image, i would probably do something similar, cause it probably the easiest route.

webstaff
04-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Hey guys,

the second has 2
the 3rd has 4

Thanks guys,
I took the easy way out, although it was still a task,, I have added a screen dump of the forms layout now, its lots better , what do you think??

Thanks again
Les

Thanks again..........

Les

you can put text in any cell you want, without binding it to a datasource. You can also merge cells, with the same contents. As for laying out your fields on top of an image, i would probably do something similar, cause it probably the easiest route.

Machaira
04-08-2003, 07:08 PM
That looks pretty good. What's the problem?

webstaff
04-08-2003, 07:39 PM
That looks pretty good. What's the problem?

Hi Machaira :)

I cant seem to be able to control the movment of the textbox objects etc on the form, I can slide them around easily, but when trying to get a perfect alignment in the columns as you see its just not there.

Ive only had a few weeks at VB6 experience so hopefully I will get the hang of things.

This forum is the best VB BBS on the net and has been great so far.......... :D

Thanks again
Les

dexmix
04-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Tools->Options->General-> Align Controls to Grid

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum